So, this past week has really flown by.
While I’ve had a couple of successes and achieved a couple of goals, I still know that I have a long way to go. One of my biggest problems is impatience, and I’m constantly pushing myself or something to go faster, or to accomplish something faster because I feel like I’m moving too slowly otherwise. The hardest part of this whole thing has been accepting that I have to slow down and that I’m not going to get everything right all the time.
I’m still trying to decide if that’s a good or a bad thing, haha. But while I still try to decide, here’s a look back at what I’ve done (and what I haven’t) this week!
- I completed one of my biggest To-Dos, and I’m officially free from university housing. Because of the unprofessional nature of the University, it took a lot of standing up to employees and confrontation that is pretty far outside of my comfort zone (and a lot of encouragement and advice from my friends), but I’m very relieved to have accomplished this goal. Now comes the slightly less difficult part of finding a place to live.
- I’ve started cooking for myself! While I’m nowhere near skilled enough to make huge batches of food like some of my friends to with their weekly meal prep, I was able to make a really nice pasta modified from a baked ziti recipe and to marinate and pan grill some salmon. They’re very small steps forward, but I can’t wait to try again and to keep experimenting.
- This is much more of an uncertain victory than anything else because it’s based much more on emotions and hormones and stuff outside of holistic measurement (please don’t take that as an invitation to stick me with an IV and try to measure my hormones or whatever thank lmao) But I felt really happy yesterday. It was the first time in awhile where I felt good all day, looked back at the end of it, and went, “Well, that was pretty cool. Let’s do it again.”
Goals I Haven’t Reached Yet
- I still haven’t gotten an internship. I have a lot of applications to write.
- This is one of the goals that I completely failed this week- I didn’t write anything creative.
- Schoolwork is still feeling like a hell of a struggle. (I can’t tell if that’s because the work is actually hard or if that’s just my fault yet though, lmaoooo.)
What I’m Changing For This Week
- The thing about this second week was that I moved waaaay too quickly. I gave myself like four or five goals a day and that really didn’t work out very well for me. I stumbled and fell a good amount. I’m going to bring things down to about one or two goals a day for awhile. So for this week, I will:
- 1. write some more internship applications and just pump out as many as I can.
- 2. catch up on university readings and other homework
- 3. finally finish something creative.
- 4. find a place that I can call my own.
- 5. exercise everyday.
- 6. keep cooking.
- 7. try to be happy again.
I’ll keep you guys posted on how that goes.
Happy Trans Day of Visibility, and happy Easter, everyone.